2017 SUMMERVILLE INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
interested in becoming a Summerville Intern?
First watch this short video, then read info below:
ChristChurch Presbyterian is excited to announce our 2017 Summerville Internship in Atlanta. This is an incredible opportunity for college students to develop ministry skills with children and youth.
In addition, the Summerville Internship is a chance to deepen your relationship with Christ and develop your leadership skills. As a result, this experience may also help you discern if church ministry with children or youth is a vocation you would like to pursue.
The Summerville Internship incorporates hands-on ministry experience with spiritual development, practical training, and an opportunity to learn from a variety of gifted ministry leaders.
Summerville Interns (SI) oversee a 9-week program, including various activities such as:
- For children: Super Sundays, Quest (VBS), Day Camps, Adventure Day, Crazy Game Days, Daddy n’ Me Days, and more
- For youth: Movie outings, Wacky Water Wednesdays, Messy Game Days, Day Hikes, Pool Parties, Lunch-after church, Braves game, and more
SI’s focus primarily on preparing for and leading the programs listed above. During the various events SI’s spend a lot of time interacting with kids, with many opportunities to share their faith, while helping kids grow in their own relationship with God.
Between each event SI’s will be given quality time for planning and organizing. This will involve creating and being in skits, helping develop curriculum, getting supplies ready, and leading games, songs, and small group discussions.
If you enjoy kids, or are considering a career involving kids, this internship could be just for you!
WHAT KIND OF APPLICANT IS CHRISTCHURCH SEEKING?
Although anyone with a passion for ministry to children or youth in a fast-paced, physically taxing environment is welcome to apply, we are ideally seeking current college students with lots of energy and excitement for summer ministry to children or youth.
We are looking for interns who are:
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Energetic, hard-working, and creative.
- Able to take initiative on projects and in relationships.
- Willing to do a wide range of tasks from the menial and repetitive to the creative and challenging.
- Genuinely interested or passionate about children’s or youth ministry.
- Skilled at relating to others.
- Ideally curious about a career in ministry, though this is not a requirement of the internship.
What Are the Dates?
Wednesday, May 31 - Wednesday, August 2, 2017
What Are the Hours?
The Summerville Internship at ChristChurch is full time (40 hours/week). Interns may work more or less during certain weeks, depending on the needs of their ministry area (for example, the week right before a camp may require more hours for the final preparations). Because of the demanding nature of the internship, interns are not permitted to work a second job during the summer.
Is this a paid position?
Yes. Each SI will earn $3,000 for the 9-week internship. However, a big part of the faith development aspect of the internship is to raise up to $1,500 of that amount. In addition, this includes the provision of training and/or coaching as needed in helping each intern in this process. For each dollar raised, ChristChurch will match dollar for dollar up to that amount. If an intern raises more than the $1,500, that is the intern's income, but it will not be matched beyond that amount.
What other benefits are provided?
Members of the church voluntarily provide housing for each Summerville Intern, as well as dinner each night, from their own desire to participate in this ministry. Transportation will be arranged for an intern who does not have own vehicle (will need to provide proof of car insurance if driving), but it is highly advised each intern has his or her own vehicle.
In addition, you can count on the following:
- 3-day orientation and training.
- Specific training on role and responsibilities in leading various camps.
- Weekly Personal Development opportunities, including (but not limited to):
o Ministry Coaching
o Devotion and bible study with ministry team
o Fundraising and storytelling
o Goal setting
How Do I Apply?
Click here to apply online.
Feel free to email Joseph Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.