Stephen Ministry, a worldwide organization founded more than 40 years ago in St. Louis, is one way that ChristChurch members care for each other and our community. Stephen Ministers are church members who have completed 50 hours of training during which they learned to care for others in a one-on-one, strictly confidential way, using distinctively Christian caregiving tools. At ChristChurch, we currently have a small team ready to provide a listening ear to people in crisis.
WHAT IS A STEPHEN MINISTER?
A STEPHEN MINISTER...
- is a member of ChristChurch who has received 50 hours of training in compassionate, empathetic listening
- walks beside a hurting person, ready to focus on concerns in a non-judgmental way
- faithfully meets on a weekly basis for about an hour
- is strictly confidential
- prays and shares Scripture
A STEPHEN MINISTER PROVIDES CONFIDENTIAL EMOTIONAL AND SPIRITUAL CARE FOR THOSE FACING A CRISIS OR DIFFICULTY SUCH AS…
- Loss of a loved one
- Illness/ hospitalization
- Divorce or separation
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Spiritual crisis
- Job crisis
- Empty nest
- Caring for a family member with disabilities
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BECOMING A STEPHEN MINISTER?
STEPHEN MINISTRY TRAINING ...
- teaches principles and skills that help provide high-quality emotional and spiritual care to care receivers
- deepens faith and transforms hearts
- provides a special bond between caregivers as they experience true Christ-centered community